Well, alrighty then!
Padres Public managed to get their hands on a few free DVD’s of MLB Bloopers Deluxe Doubleheader and Prime 9: MLB Heroics, as detailed in this post on Wednesday. So we’re giving them away to the readers/followers/friends of Padres Public. Some of us are giving them away via Twitter. Some on Facebook. Some are having trivia contests.
I have decided to give away a copy of the MLB Bloopers Deluxe Doubleheader DVD via an online Scavenger Hunt.
First, the rules:
- All entries must be received by 7pm PDT on Sunday, July 20, 2013.
- One entry per person/email/Twitter handle.
- Each question MUST be answered. Any entries not complete will be shot out of a cannon into the sun.
- Email your answers to this email address with “Padres Public Scavenger Hunt” in the subject line.
- Include your first and last names and your Twitter handle (if applicable) in the email.
- Winner will be the person who answers the most questions correctly.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected randomly, most likely by dartboard or possibly by rochambeau. The losers will be made fun of. So will the winner, for that matter.
- Winner will be notified by email no later than Tuesday, July 23, 2013.
- Only residents of the USA or Canada qualify. Sorry, Mexico. Maybe next time.
- Members of Padres Public are not eligible. This includes guest writers. Tough luck, Corey Brock and Andy Masur.
- Winners of the video from another Padres Public writer are disqualified and need not enter. This includes Padres And Pints.
Now, for the questions. You will find (almost) all the answers within my posts here on Padres Public. Some will be easy. A few will take some digging. That’s why I’m giving you guys a couple of days.
- What is the name of the Fox Sports San Diego reporter that only was around for a week at the beginning of the 2012 Padres season?
- In the Jay Z video for “Girls, Girls, Girls,” what number is on the Padres jersey he’s wearing and who wore it for the Padres?
- Who is the first repeat winner of the “Egg McMuffin Of…” Award?
- Who did I select to play left field in my recasting of the Simpsons episode, “Homer At the Bat”?
- What did I propose for Fox Sports San Diego to do at the end of the year to boost ratings?
- What did I call a “tool of the devil” and also call for it to be outlawed?
- What legendary historical figure did I compare Kyle Blanks to?
- Which nickname won my poll for the new El Paso AAA team?
- What did I mistakenly call the Showley Brothers Candy Company factory building?
- What is the 10th step of being a recovering Padres fan?
- What did I say Dick Enberg would be reviewing on Yelp if he ever started a Twitter account?
- What is the “least recognized trophy in professional sports in the USA and Canada”?
- Where did I pregame before my one and only visit to Dodger Stadium last year? Name the beers I had there.
- How many games did the Padres win in their longest winning streak and lose in their longest losing streak?
- What was the home run call that I came up with for Hacksaw?
- Which Padres players’ autograph did I get before a game against the Rockies?
- What caused the 1987 brawl between the Padres and Cubs?
- How did Henry Ford, Senior Vice President/General Manager of Fox Sports San Diego, describe their new studios?
- What is the title of the post that this image is referring to?
So, there you go. 19 questions whose answers can be found somewhere inside my previous posts here on Padres Public. Except one. I’ll let you figure out which one.
Remember, only entries submitted via email will be accepted. If you put answers in the comments section or on Twitter, you’ll only be helping other people.